Friday, July 3, 2009

The Pre Tour tour


So my bike tour officially starts on Sunday from Troutdale. Having heard from a million people the question why my coast to coast trip starts there, I decided I really should go coast to coast....

With a bit of bribery, one breakfast in Cannon Beach, Ann drove myself and Craig over to the coast. Craig said he'd rather ride 87 miles with me today than have to paint his garden fence.

In typical Oregon summer beach weather, it was a beautiful day the whole way to Cannon Beach except for the last 2 miles when the fog socked in and you couldn't see the ocean, I swear it was there as I could hear it and about 100 seagulls.

After the obligatory photo close to the beach we headed off inland. When we got to Portland, I was surprised to find anyone still in town as it seemed like every single car in the Pacific NW, was on Hwy 26 heading to the ocean.

Today had lots of climbing and even more heat. As we got into town, the mercury was reading 93... Anything over 75 and I turn into a puddle of sweat.

No major catastrophes or excitement to report except that the new bike is better than awesome.
More pictures here.

Tonight is the last night I get to sleep in my bed for a month. 30 different beds in that timespan. Sounds like a good excuse for me to get one last trip in to Thai Noon.

Tomorrow is the tortuous ride from my house to Troutdale. All of 13 miles.

Hey Geoff, I know you are in Shanghai but thanks for letting me take your car to the coast today :)

1 comment:

  1. LOL - 30 different beds in 30 days. Normally you'd be called names for that. :)

    ReplyDelete